Where can I park? There is a parking garage next to the library building.
- The first hour is free, $1 per hour after that, for a maximum of $6 per day.
- The library cannot validate parking.
- Street parking is available on 11th and 12th street.
- 10 minute parking is available for quick pick up or drop off of the 3rd street side of the building right next to the book drop.
- Nampa Development Corporation manages the Parking Garage.
How do I get a library card? Come to the Borrower Services Desk on the first floor. You will need a picture ID and proof of your physical address. For more information, click here.
Your PIN or password is the last 4 digits of your phone number or a number you have specifically chosen.
What if I live outside of the Nampa city limits? Non-residents (persons who do not live within the city and do not pay city taxes) are required to pay an annual fee per family per year. The annual nonresident fee is $52.00, the four-month card is $18.00, and the annual senior citizen rate (age 60 and over) is $33.00
How many days can I keep my items? View our item limits HERE.
Where can I return my items at the Nampa library? We have three places where you may return your items. Two are inside the library and one is on the side of the building facing 3rd St. We have an automated return system. To use it just insert one item at a time and follow the directions on the screen.
May I return my items to a different library? Yes. You may return items to any of the Treasure Valley libraries or their branches: Ada, Boise, Meridian, Caldwell, Eagle, and Garden City.
How can I check the due dates on my items and/or renew them? You can access your account in our catalog, which will require your library card and PIN numbers. You can also call the automated number listed on the back of your library card (1-208-384-4450). If you need additional assistance please contact Borrower Services at 208-468-5800 (select option 2, then option 2).
What can I do if the item I want is unavailable? If the item is owned by Nampa or one of the Treasure Valley libraries, you may place a hold on the item yourself by clicking on “Place Request” button. You will be prompted for your library card number and your PIN number.
How will I know when my holds are ready to be picked up? When your hold arrives, you will receive notification by whichever method you chose when you opened your library account (email, phone or text). You can also access your account in our catalog, which will require your library card and PIN numbers. On the left menu you can access “Requests” to see the status of your holds.
If you would like to change your notification settings, Click on “My Record” and you can edit your preferences. If you need additional assistance please contact Borrower Services at 208-468-5800 (select option 2, then option 2).
What do I do if I lose my library card? You are responsible for any activity until the loss is reported, so please contact the library immediately. Call 208-468-5800 or speak with an associate at the Borrower Services Desk.
Do you accept credit cards for payment of fines and fees? Yes. You can pay at the library in person at the Borrower Services Desk; you can call and pay by phone at 208-468-5800, or you can pay online with your PayPal account.
Do you have a meeting room I can reserve? We have a Board Room and a Multipurpose Room that are available to reserve. For more information about meeting rooms click here. We also have small and large study rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floors that are available. Click here for more information about study rooms.
Does the library have Wireless Internet Access available? Yes.
- Free wireless Internet access is provided to the public at the library.
- Users may connect to the Internet with a wireless device from within the Library.
- Printing from the wireless network is available.
- The library is not responsible for hardware or software damage, or for loss or theft of unattended equipment.
- The wireless connection is not a secure network.
- All library policies concerning legal and acceptable use of computers and the internet apply.
May I donate items to the library?
- The Friends of the Nampa Public Library accept donations of books, movies, and music in good condition which will be sold at the annual book sale or in the Friends Book Store.
- We are not accepting magazines and textbooks
- Donations can be dropped off at the Friends of the Library Bookstore book drop directly to the right as you walk into the lobby.
- Large donations can be scheduled with the Friends of the Library at 208-468-4460.
Are there any volunteer opportunities at the library? Yes! The library welcomes individuals and groups who wish to donate their valuable time. Click here for more information.
What can I do when I cannot find an item in the Library Catalog? Library staff are happy to help locate items if you are unsure if the item exists in our system. If you have verified the item is not in our collection, there are a couple of different ways to get materials that are unavailable in our system. You can suggest that we purchase the title or you can request that we borrow the title from another institution. Click here to request an item.