CLICK HERE to sign up for the challenge!
Sign-ups are during the month of March
- This challenge is for adults 18 years and older
- Extreme Book Nerd runs from March 2, 2020 through December 5, 2020.
- One category per book for a total of 40 books in 40 weeks, to be read by December 5, 2020.
- Nampa Library Card Required
- All books read for the challenge need to be recorded in your Extreme Book Nerd reading log with the title, author, and date finished for each book listed with each category.
- To be rewarded for finishing the Extreme Book Nerd Challenge, you will have to return to a library staff member and have them sign off on your completed categories in your Extreme Book Nerd log by December 12, 2020.
- Reading logs will only be accepted in the distributed paper format or by emailing your completed list to email@example.com.
- Books for other reading programs and book clubs can be counted toward this challenge as long as they fit into one of the categories (i.e., Summer Reading Program, Winter Reading Program, book clubs, school assignments, etc.) and are done by December 5, 2020.
- Audiobooks can be counted toward the challenge.
- Graphic novels only count for the graphic novel category.
- Books must be Middle-Grade reading level or higher to count toward the challenge.
- All books finished by December 5th and reported by December 12, 2020 can be counted toward this challenge.
- Participants who finish the challenge by December 5, 2020 will receive an exclusive Extreme Book Nerd T-shirt.
- Prizes will be available for pickup starting in January 2021
Only one category per book. You cannot use the same book for multiple categories.
CATEGORIES AND BOOK LISTS
This is not a comprehensive list, they are suggested book lists.
Not all categories have a recommended book list.
Book with multiple narrators
Book published posthumously
Book set in two time periods
Book with a nonhuman narrator
Book set in outer space
Book by a first time author
Book by an Idaho author
Short story collection
Book made into a movie
A biography of someone you’ve never heard of
A graphic novel
Book with a protagonist with a disability
Retelling of Mythology and Fairy Tales
Paranormal Romance Novel
Book set in Medieval times
Book set in Africa
Book set in Asia
Book set in Europe
Book set on another planet
A Hugo award winner/nominee
Book originally written in a language other than English
Books that are Western’s
Books that are Thrillers
Books associated with food
Book recommended by staff
Book from your favorite author
Book from a library display
Book you own but haven’t read
Book from a political perspective with which you disagree
Book about a country you want to visit
Book recommended by a friend
Book that scares you
Book you found using novelist
Book with your favorite mythical creature
Book in format you haven’t tried before
Book with an unreliable narrator
Book set in South America
Book by two authors
Book authored by a doctor
Book focused on self improvement
Book set during a holiday
Book with a body part in the title
Book that features a library
Book by an author of color
Book from the Great American Read
First book in a series
Book that breaks the fourth wall
World War II
Book that takes place over a single day
Book about a spy
Book about a conspiracy theory
Dystopian Future Fiction
Book about a religion not your own