Nampa residents and those owning property within Nampa city limits qualify for a 2-year borrower card at no charge. To obtain a library card, please provide Photo Identification AND a separate proof of physical address to verify that the property is within city limits.
See our list of acceptable identification documents here.
For information on how to renew your accounts, see here.
APPLY IN PERSON
Visit the Nampa Public Library at 215 12th Ave South, Nampa, Idaho 83651 during open hours with your photo ID and separate proof of physical address on hand.
We do not issue accounts to minors (under 18) unless the parent or legal guardian is present and has an account.
You may request a library card online by filling out the application form and then submitting a scan of your photo ID & proof of residence. Once created, your library card is mailed to you. To apply online, please see here.
LOST OR STOLEN CARDS
IMMEDIATELY report a lost or stolen card to the library. You are responsible for all materials borrowed on your card.
- Do not lend your card or any library materials that you borrow.
- Each family member should have an individual card.
- Parents or legal guardians are responsible for children and assume full responsibility for any fines or charges accrued.
- Replacement cards are free the first time, $1 after that.
Please report a change of address promptly by calling the Accounts desk at 208-468-5800.
Idaho libraries are funded solely by local property taxes. Our library is city funded, so only city residents and property owners qualify for a “free” membership
Those residing outside of Nampa city limits may purchase a library card by paying the following fee (sales tax included in price):
- Annual nonresident fee: $52.00
- Annual Senior (60 years or older) nonresident fee: $33.00
- 4-month nonresident card: $18.00
The Nonresident fee is nonrefundable and may be adjusted annually by the board, using as a guideline the amount of local property tax money spent per average household to support the library.